Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Birthday Reflections

The best part of birthdays is being reminded of all the great people in your life. Today I am grateful for these people, but somehow I never seem to be able to express this, or at least not to the extent I would like. To put it more eloquently and philosophically, "Compared with that good-will I bear my friend, the benefit it is in my power to render him seems small." (Emerson) Thanks everyone for making today a fabulous birthday.

Now here are some pictures from the the celebration of my two decades. (I am aware that 20 is not old, but being able to measure my age in decades makes me feel old. Not complaining though, I'm very happy to be officially out of the teenage years.)

Here are four of my five roommates out for dinner at CPK: Ainsley, Sally, Whitney, and Becky.


This is the fabulous hamburger cake made by Ainsley, enjoyed and admired by all. I wanted to have a giant hamburger that looked like a cake, but that wasn't really doable so Ainsley made this for me instead. The most important thing? It was delicious.


And here are some people who came to eat the cake






Thanks to all, apologies to those who were not included in the blog pictures. You are still appreciated.

4 comments:

HanksFam said...

You've had a birthday, shout "Hooray!" It looks like you had a great time. It only gets better.

Anonymous said...

you're birthday was fun :) I'm glad you were born haha.

Love,
Whitney

Lisa Weiler said...

happy happy happy happy birfday :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Shelly Karren said...

I didn't know I'd missed your birthday. Happy birthday from Boston--a few weeks late :)